Monday, August 22, 2016

Fitmesh Me




I've done a complete flip-flop on what kind of clothes I look for.  Previously I was using a system body with a flat chest, and system clothes worked very well for a flat chest, provided I could find sytem clothing that was high quality.  Mesh clothing was generally much better looking, but I had to be wary of how much of a chest was built into the design.  Only a very few designers provided a flat-chest version of their clothes, but for quite a few designs the XXS or XS could provide a reasonably small chest.  Fitmesh, on the other hand, would always provide a concave chest on my flat-chested character -- I hated fitmesh.

Now that I'm using a Maitreya Laura mesh body (even though I bought the Slink body also, as soon as I picked up the Maitreya I haven't worn anything else), everything's reversed.  I can't set my chest to 0, that still does the concave thing, but a reasonably small chest works well, and I've discovered that fitmesh designed for the Maitreya body will almost always fit perfectly.  I never have to worry about a "built-in" larger chest, and the look is better than anything you can achieve with regular mesh and the default SL body.  I'm absolutely sold, and now I avoid standard-sized clothing (and of course system clothing) like the plague.  If it doesn't show the Maitreya logo, I won't buy it.

It's kind sad that we've come to this in a way, since there are some nice alternative bodies out there, but finding clothing for them is the problem.  Maitreya has the same advantage that Windows had from the late 80's forward -- everyone designs for it.  You can find clothing for the Maitreya body everywhere.  Usually people design for Belleza and Slink as well, and maybe TMP -- but some designs are exclusively Maitreya.  If you want the most clothing options, Maitreya seems your best bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment