Thursday, March 21, 2013

More Avatars




Earlier in the week I bought a new avatar for another of my alts, Rei Sin.  This is the Utilizator Rikugou B avatar, an anime robot girl avie.  Like the Avatar 2.0 it's a full mesh avatar, but specifically designed to be an anime robot girl.  There are only a couple of costume options, I picked up one of them.

I'm not really sure how much I like it, but I wanted to try it out anyway.


I had a weird sort of dream that I was thinking about over the last day -- kind of a Second Life dream where, once you die, you are uploaded to a computerized world.  But you start out with a very generic avatar, and upgrading you avatar is very expensive, and if you can't find a job you are kind of stuck in a Generic Avatar Ghetto life.  At first I was dreaming about Avatars with very plain looks or even grayish, almost stick-figure bodies, but later it changed to a situation where everyone started out as a 3-foot doll, and you had to pay money to get a full-sized, realistic human avatar.  In either case, the best and most realistic avatars were incredibly expensive, so that only rich people could afford to look good.

So I was thinking about this dream and I decided to make a doll avatar in Second Life.  I know there are a lot of places that do these sorts of avatars, but I wanted it to be doll-sized, or at least in the range of about 3 feet like in my dream.  This Curious Kitties Broken Ball-Joint Doll Avatar fit the bill perfectly!




I found some "broken doll" poses on the Markeplace from Fruct0se, so I was able to pose my doll in a realistic (non-alive) manner.  ^_^

That was my experiment for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment