Saturday, March 2, 2013

Second Life Surfing: Kona Beach, Woodbridge


A couple of years ago I met a guy in Second Life who encouraged me to surf.  He ran a surf shop and published a low-quality magazine full of girls in bikini's, and I think at least a third of the reason he talked to me was to hit on a female avatar, and a third was to convince me to buy from his shop, but he also clearly liked to surf and enjoyed surfing in Second Life and wanted to encourage other people to try it.

So I did.


I surfed half a dozen beaches over the course of about two weeks, and I took a lot of pictures, but this one was my favorite, taking ad Bundoran Reef.  It almost looks like a real surfing photo.  That surfboard is the one I finally picked out for myself after doing some shopping -- I like it.  ^_^

Recently I was thinking I'd like to get back into surfing a bit, so today I looked for a good spot.  I found Kona Beach in Woodridge.  I'd heard that physics in SL had changed and older surfboards might not float any longer, but mine seemed to work just fine:




There was also hang gliding from a cliff, and a typical assortment of tropical beach items:  places to lie in the sun, hammocks or beach towels, books to read, cozy places for couples, underwater reefs to explore, and shops selling tattoos and bikinis.  There were several rezzable surfboards, sailboards, and boats, so you don't need your own to have fun and ride the waves.

I'm not an expert on this, or even that experienced, I just do it to have fun.  ^_^  I'm going to try and hit a few more SL surf beaches over the next few weeks or so and blog about them as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment